Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Planting Day!!

Most of the plants are in the ground! All that's left are some shade plants for the far bed (on the right). Yesterday I faked myself out thinking the sun conditions were different than what I had planned for and quickly revised my planting plan. I laid out the plant and then kept changing things around based on where the sun was coming up and where I thought there would be shade during the day. After all, there is a really big oak tree over much of the Butterfly Garden.
Every hour I took video and pictures of all the beds to document what was in sun or shade. Then suddenly around lunchtime the sun slid to an opening in the trees and the entire garden was in full sun. This prompted rearranging of the plants I had already rearranged.
Biscuit didn't care about me planting - she preferred to eat a pine tree. About 2:00 the trees to the west began to shade out part of the garden and by 4:00 all of it was in dappled shade.



There it is! Anyone need any plastic plant containers?

1 comment: